The Girls

The Girls

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No Tears Here ...

Mom called this morning to let me know that she ran her hands through her hair and ended up with a hand full of hair on the right side, but not on the left side. When she showed up today at Owen's first flag football game it was coming out in clumps on the right side and strands on the left. Katie and I were pulling on it and it was coming out very easily. GG kept yelling at us to stop! It was pretty funny. The bad news is ... Mom is losing her hair. The good news ... it looks like she will lose all of it and not just one side of her head (she REALLY didn't want that to happen). However, if you ask my upbeat Mother, she is happy that it is falling out. She feels like it is a sign that the Chemo and Radiation are working. I am so proud of her. She is really doing such a great job maintaining a good spirit through all of this.

I speak for myself when I say "Her hair falling out makes me sad". I could care less about her hair as long as I have her. I just know that when we get caught in conversation or we are laughing together, sometimes I completely forget what we are dealing with. Those moments are so nice. Her balding head though (i feel) will always be a reminder. We'll see. There are always the multiple phone calls during the day that will allow me to forget for a couple of moments just how much I hate Cancer.

Hopefully this is the ONLY thing we have to deal with this week. So far ... so good. She is happy and that makes US happy.

No comments: